The 30th Annual Hunger Walk is less than two days away! We’re excited to welcome you to Soldier Field on Saturday, June 20 for what will be a fun and inspirational morning. Here are a few last-minute reminders before the Hunger Walk:
- Remember to Join the team
- Then complete your Eventbrite online registration if you haven’t done so already. This will significantly speed up your check-in process at the Hunger Walk. Make sure to print your ticket and bring it with you, or download the ticket to your phone.
- Registration opens at 7 a.m. and the walk steps off at 8:30 a.m.
- This year, there will be a 1K course, in addition to the usual 5K path. View the route map here. If you begin the walk between 9:30 – 10:15 a.m., you will only be able to walk the shorter course, as the City of Chicago has requested that both courses be clear by 11 a.m.
- If you are walking with a team, please contact them to determine your meeting location for the Hunger Walk.
- A limited amount of free parking is available in the Waldron Deck and the South Lot. Paid overflow parking is available in the Museum Campus lots. Buses will park in the South Lot.
- The forecast calls for partly cloudy skies with highs in the mid-80s. Temperatures are generally cooler near the lake, so please dress accordingly.
- Join the conversation on social media! The event hashtags are #HungerWalk and #No1ShouldGoHungry. Be sure to follow @FoodDepository on Twitter and like us on Facebook for updates leading up to and during the Hunger Walk.
We look forward to seeing you at Soldier Field on Saturday for the 30th Annual Hunger Walk!
Greater Chicago Food Depository