Date TBA, end of June
One Community, one belief: No one should go hungry.
Join us for the 28th Annual Greater Chicago Food Depository Hunger Walk! The Hunger Walk gives everyone a chance to help alleviate hunger in Chicago while having fun. If you walk on behalf of CCO your efforts will have a valuable impact on our shelter residents, dinner guests and food pantry guests. Learn more below. And join us in helping to end hunger in Chicago!
Join our Hunger Walk team by clicking here.
Hunger Walk Facts-
- The Hunger Walk is a 5k (3.1 mile) walk along Chicago’s beautiful lakefront.
- The event will take place rain or shine on June 29th. Registration begins at 7am and the walk begins at 8:30am at Soldier Field in Chicago.
- Each person walking on behalf of CCO supplements our food budget by 214 pounds.
- Over the past two years hunger walkers have supplemented CCO’s food budget by 14,980 pounds.
- CCO served over 200,000 meals to hungry Chicagoans in 2012.
- Every person registered at the hunger walk counts! That means a small child or an infant in a stroller will still supplement our food budget by 214 pounds.
- Write to Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form.
- Sorry, no pets allowed.
For more information e-mail Beth at email@example.com. Thank you!