Session # 1
Set up your CrowdRise Page
First is to Officially Join Team CCO on our team page at http://crowdrise.com/teamcco2013. CrowdRise is the fundraising platform we use to stay in touch and raise and track donations.
- Once there, scroll down to and click “JOIN THE TEAM” on the right
- Login or create an account
- A window will pop up, Click the ”I’m an official member…” checkbox and click Join The Team
- Then, another window will pop up, for Agree and Continue to commit to the fundraising minimum of $300 by December 31, 2013.
- You will then enter your payment info for if you don’t meet the minimum by December 31, 2013, and all done!
Now you will have your own TeamCCO on CrowdRise. Next is how to use and share it!
Modify your CrowdRise Page
Once you have set up your page, there are a few things you can do to customize your Team CCO fundraiser page. You can access your Team CCO page when you log in from the drop down at the top of the page labeled “My Fundraisers”. There will be a tab called Edit Fundraiser that allows you to edit your text, your fundraising goal, and add pictures and videos.
Now that you have edited it, Share it!
Share your CrowdRise page
Since your CrowdRise page is the one online place where your donors go to give you money, you want to make sure they can find it! You have several ways to share it:
- The social media and email sharing options are under the Manage Campaign tab once you are logged in. Chose your way!
- There is also a Widget you can use from the Edit Fundraiser tab. There is a link on the right you click on and you are provided a snippet of code to put on your personal website or blog. It’s kind of tricky to find, but I “ovaled” it for your!
- You can always find your personal URL on your page. It has similarities to your team members, but it ends in your account name. Check out the oval at the top of the image. http://crowdrise.com/teamcco2013/fundraiser/mindytaylor . You can find yours buy going to your Team CCO page, find yourself in The Team section.
-The Oval at the bottom allows you to connect with various social media too.
The team page is here http://crowdrise.com/teamcco2013, find yourself in the Team list at the bottom!
Modify your CrowdRise profile
You want to make sure that all the correct stuff is in your Profile and Account Settings, like your shirt size! Once logged in, click on the upper right-hand side under your name.
- Click on Edit My Profile to edit your name, URL, address, birth-date, gender, and to tell your story.
- Click on Account Settingsto set your email, billing address, and Tee-Shirt size. This is important so you get the right size Tech-T!
Session # 2
The quickest way to get your friends and family to connect with you and Team CCO is on Facebook.
- Be sure to Like the Team CCO facebook page. http://facebook.com/teamcco.
- Update your Cover photo on April 1st with the Team CCO runners image that you can download here. Be sure to tag Team CCO!
SESSION # 3
To Mail or Not to Mail
Info coming soon…
Session # 4
Tracking Cash and Checks on CrowdRise
When someone donates to you using a check or cash, you should also track that on your CrowdRise page.
Ask the donor to write the check out to : Cornerstone Community Outreach
Here’s how to track it:
- Login to your CrowdRise page.
- Click on Manage Campaign
- Scroll down and click on Donation Toolkit
- Click on Offline Donation Manager
- Type in their name and donation amount and click Enter Donations.
Then promptly get the donation to Cornerstone Community Outreach.
- If by mail send to: Cornerstone Community Outreach, Attn: Team CCO, 4615 N Clifton Ave, Chicago, IL 60640. Include a note with it so we know whom to apply it to and that you have entered it on your CrowdRise page.
- You may also contact us if you want to hand deliver it. Contact info: phone 773.506.6396×12 or email teamcco @ ccolife.org.